Let's Take This Into Account
Accidental death and dismemberment insurance offers low cost supplemental coverage that provides benefits in the event of an accidental death or dismemberment (including family members for one low group rate). This insurance also gives Guaranteed Issue to all new full-time employees, but coverage is not convertible upon elimination of employment or retirement.
How We Can Provide Everyday Guidance
We've heard the saying, "As soon as you walk outside the door of your home, something bad can happen." Sure, such a phrase is common speech, but having the security of Accidental & Dismemberment Insurance from Gabor is a big piece of the puzzle that can keep you in good standing should an unfortunate incident occur. This plan entails:
- The program is offered Guaranteed Issue to all new full-time employees and coverage is not convertible upon elimination of employment or retirement.
- You may also add family coverage for one low group rate.
- Coverage is 24 hours a day, on or off the job. This includes emergency travel assistance coverage while an insured employee is traveling more than 100 miles from their home either on business or for pleasure.
- **Underwritten by Standard Insurance Company.**
AD&D Insurance For You
You are eligible for coverage if you are an active non-faculty employee working at least 30 hours each week or a faculty employee regularly appointed 75 percent or more.
- AD&D insurance is available in units of $1,000, from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $350,000.
AD&D Insurance For Your Family
If you elect AD&D insurance for yourself, you may add family coverage:
- Spouse only: This coverage is 55 percent of your requested amount.
- Spouse and dependent children: This coverage is 45 percent of your requested amount for spouse and 10 percent of your requested amount for each child.
- Dependent children only: This coverage is 15 percent of your requested amount.
AD&D Benefit Amount
The amount of the AD&D Insurance Benefit for loss of life1 is equal to the maximum amount of your AD&D insurance in effect on the date of the covered accident. The amount of the AD&D Insurance Benefit for other covered losses is a percentage of the Group Term AD&D insurance in effect on the date of the covered accident, as shown below:
Type of Loss
|One hand or foot2||50 percent|
|Sight in one eye||50 percent|
|Audible speech||50 percent|
|Hearing in both ears||50 percent|
|Two or more of the losses listed above||100 percent|
|Thumb and index finger of the same hand3||25 percent|
These benefits are also available to your dependents. At no time will more than 100 percent of the available AD&D Insurance Benefit be paid for all losses resulting from one accident.
AD&D Certificate of Insurance
Current participants please see the Certificate of Insurance for more details.
How to enroll in Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance:
New employees (first 60 days) or during Open Enrollments.
To apply, please complete the enrollment brochure and return it to your Gabor representative.
1This benefit includes loss of life due to exposure or disappearance. Disappearance must be caused directly by an accident that could have reasonably resulted in death and must occur independently of all other causes continuing for a period of 365 days after the date of the accident despite reasonable search efforts.
2This benefit is payable whether or not the hand or foot is surgically reattached.
3This benefit is not payable if an AD&D Insurance Benefit is payable for the loss of the entire hand.
How to Take Advantage of this Opportunity
Call your local Gabor agent now to gain an individual understanding of your employee benefits - 800-330-6115 - or email us here.